Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Roughly Zones

Robert Frost wrote a poem called 'There are roughly zones'. There are roughly zones between wrong and right.There are roughly zones between how much you've done and what you havent. Maybe its not black and white. Maybe its shades of grey. Circumstantial . Differentiated. Diverse. Maybe thats how wrong and right are categorized. Involving the reasons of a dark and murky forest of past and truth.
You see,our decisions affect other people. Always. Not just us. But you probably knew that,right?Everyone knows that. But the thing is,do politicians remember that when they put their country to war? Or when they send troops out to war? Maybe when the mothers,the daughters,the wives and the sons question them,yeahh,they remember for a single fleeting moment. As Travis said,'You say you're sorry.
And then you do it again, you do it again.'
Its all in a days work,right?
You live some,you die some.
I believe (All US Americans =p) that in this world full of chaos and anarchy ,you begin to question the heroes. Not the Superman suit donning personalities but the ones who stand up for what they believe in. The ones like Victor Jara and John.M.Perkins. #switchfoot #thesound #chile
On September 13 1973 Jara was taken to the Chile Stadium and tortured akong with a thousand or so people. They tortured him,beat him and mocked him to play and sing with his broken hands. The more they tortured him, the louder he sang. He died on September 16th. The military gunned him down.
Oh,and he was a singer/songwriter,and social activist . The singer/songwriter part just makes me happy.

Heroes. The ones we respect today. Are they what they are or just overrated assholes . Arent the people that matter the ones who stand up for that they believe in? Who fight back? Who fight for those who need it until their last breath ?

John.M.Perkins said that there is racism and hate and inequality and we need a sound louder than that, louder than all that apathy and entropy with intention to unite. Love. Pure and simple.

You see,you cant hate the haters. All you know is that they will talk. And talk. Its a never ending sequence quadrupled and multiplied as the common difference. They will fight by the word of racism ,of conflict,of inequality,of hate, of betrayal, of a patriarchial society ,of deviance,of being homophobic. How does that make them right?

There are roughly zones between wrong and right,but sometimes the line is as clear as day. You see, I was sitting in the train yesterday. And there is this gay couple right in front of me. And you know that feeling when you look at couple and you know that they are meant to be? Yeahh,I am looking at them and that feeling comes over me and they look adorable. Call me pathetic but I look at them and my faith in love ,it just rekindles. And ,there,I am happy again. Who are we to judge ? To tell people that it is WRONG to have freedom of choice,that it is WRONG to fall in love ? Okay,so I will go all tweenibopper on you and quote Aly and AJ. 'If somethings pure,how can people just say we are not meant to be.'
Honestly? Ive never heard truer words.

I turn 18 soon. As one of my best friends said,its just a number. Which is completely true,yeahh. But I dunno if this applies to all 18 sooners but recently Ive been going through this new level of maturity. I feel like I can understand more. Its not just about the public markers anymore like being able to go to a club or having the right to smoke. Its more of this whole new level on being able to make more rock solid decisions,of knowing what you want to do. And the future is scary. It is. I think about it everyday and I am scared down to the core of me. But you make it through,right ? Even if it sucks the life out of you sometimes. You still make it through. Me with my music,you with your...Gorillaz?

Sway-The Perishers. Awesome song.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the mention, love. You with your Switchfoot, me with my Gorillaz. Us with our The Script. Shades of grey FTW :)
    awesome post!

    ReplyDelete